Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
Head Coach Job Description
The Chesapeake Bayhawks will accept submissions for Head Coach until Wednesday, October 4th. After submitting your application, we will contact you with a confirmation and a brief questionnaire to supply us with additional information. All application documents must be received by Wednesday, October 4th. We will begin contacting candidates to inform them of any next steps the week of October 16th.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Primary Team Responsibilities:
- Hire a local coaching staff that will support your primary organizational responsibilities and will get the Bayhawks back to the playoffs.
- Prepare and oversee scouting reports and game plans for all of the Bayhawks opponents.
- Organize consistent practices and pre-season camp dates.
- Participate in weekly league press conferences and interviews throughout the season. Be available for LSN and media sessions setup by the team.
- Be an active scout of talent for upcoming drafts. Maintain an active up to date draft board.
- Organize and run Bayhawks clinics and camps throughout the season with player participation.
Primary Organizational Responsibilities:
- To take up residency in our home market.
- To represent the Chesapeake Bayhawks in both the sports and business committees of the Mid Atlantic on a full time basis.
- To participate in and join, where appropriate, civic groups and their respective outings and events.
- To support all corporate sponsorship initiatives. Attend sales calls and presentations where appropriate.
- To support all season/game ticket and hospitality initiatives and participate when appropriate.
- To participate in and present to the team leadership group bi-monthly.
- To network with area college coaches, high school and club team leadership.
- To attend industry seminars and, where appropriate, present the “Bayhawks Way” and the Bayhawks “All In” Values.
- Committed to the team with an “All In” mentality.
- Competitive attitude…needs to be proactive, displayed and taught.
- Enthusiastic with exceptional interpersonal and team building skills. Communicate with each player, coach and team personnel weekly throughout the year.
- Outstanding leadership qualities. Be measured but tough. Build team chemistry.
- A proven track record of success. Be a winner.
- Ability to work with staff and be an outstanding teammate with the Bayhawks employees. Help all co-workers work towards our common goals.
- All staff must be able to make all games and practices throughout the year. It is a priority!
- Head Coaching experience, complete resume of coaching at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive travel (>50%) is expected in association with performing this position; travel includes all games/sporting events/scrimmages, and promotional and sponsorship activities. Also, MLL drafts.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ