Current available jobs in Event Management:
» 2017 Game Day Volunteers - The Florida Launch (Boca Raton, FL)
Game Day Workers experience the fast-paced working environment of Major League Lacrosse (MLL) while supporting the Chesapeake Bayhawks, the most successful team in the league’s 16-year history. This position facilitates a positive experience for Chesapeake Bayhawks guests and fans by providing operational support to assist in the efficient coordination of team home games. Responsibilities vary and may include event setup and breakdown, ticket booth and fan gate support, assistance with on-field activities, sale of team merchandise, and provision of general fan assistance.
- Game Day Workers receive an hourly rate of $9.25 payable via hard check. Checks will be mailed to the home address on file following any game worked.
- Depending on the game and assigned responsibilities, support will be needed for approximately five (5) to eight (8) hours per game.
- If your shift concludes before the end of the game, you are invited to watch the remainder of the game as our guest! G
- Game Day Workers report to our home stadium, the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD. Free parking is provided.
- Chesapeake Bayhawks home games occur on the following dates: Saturday, April 22nd, Friday, May 19th, Friday, June 2nd, Friday, June 16th, Sunday, July 2nd, Thursday, July 20th, and Thursday, August 3rd.
What are we looking for?
- Individuals with a history of ongoing participation in athletics and team activities.
- Persons with experience in game day operations are preferred.
- Motivated sports enthusiasts (especially lacrosse lovers) who aren’t afraid to shake up the norms to find a creative solution.
- A passion for and knowledge of lacrosse and its traditions is preferred.
- Individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Team players with a “won’t give up” mentality and competitive attitude.
- Enthusiasm and exceptional interpersonal and team building skills.
- A customer service orientation.
- Creativity and resourcefulness.
- Highly self-motivated persons with a strong sense of urgency including strong organization skills, ability to prioritize, a commitment to tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization with a focus on accuracy and quality.
The Florida Launch is looking for energetic, outgoing volunteers who can assist front office staff with game day activities (operations, fan experiences, public relations, customer service, etc.) during the 2017 season.
Volunteers must be able to work at least two (2) of the seven home games during the 2017 season at Florida Atlantic University Stadium and available three (3) hours prior to faceoff to one (1) hour after gates close each game.
Florida Launch Home Schedule:
5/13 vs. Denver (7 PM)
6/10 vs. New York (7:30 PM)
6/17 vs. Atlanta (7:00 PM)
7/15 vs. Chesapeake (7:00 PM)
7/22 vs. Charlotte (7:30 PM)
Local candidates need only apply. This is a non-paid position that runs from April-August. Must be 16 years old or older to volunteer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in the South Florida area?
2. Are you 16 year or older?
3. Do you have reliable transportation to and from FAU Stadium?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ