Current available jobs in Internship:
MLL COMMUNICATIONS and MARKETING FALL INTERNSHIP POSITION OVERVIEW:
Major League Lacrosse is seeking hard working, creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill a number of available internship opportunities in its Communications and Marketing Department. Communications/Marketing interns will report directly to the League’s Communications and Marketing Manager. There will also be collaboration with Broadcast Manager and digital/video departments to create a cohesive presentation between digital communications/marketing and television/video productions.
• Positions are unpaid.
• Academic credit is always available to anyone who requests it ahead of time.
• Interns must provide their own transportation.
• Some light travel may be required depending on months of internship AND locations of League special events.
• Interns working the months of April, May, June, July and August will be required to work some nights and weekends both in office and/or remotely working/reporting on game activity. League schedule and week to week events will dictate when late night and/or weekends are required.
• All interns are required to work Mondays and attend Monday morning staff meetings and attend the weekly Commissioner’s intern conference immediately following the staff meeting. No exceptions.
• Internships are an “at-will” position and may be terminated by the League at anytime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate creative content aligned with the League’s brand via web, social media channels and other methods as directed by the League’s Communications and Marketing Manager.
• Present ideas weekly (at minimum) for creative and editorial content and execute approved concepts under strict deadlines.
• Support and implement the League’s marketing & social media strategy.
• Monitor, analyze and report on web and social media analytics.
• Work closely with the League’s digital/video production arm to coordinate an effective presentation between the written communications strategy and the complimenting video component.
• Collaborate, where applicable, with League sponsors and licensees by generating creative promotional contests which can be shared via web and social media.
• Create promotional contests and execute action plans surrounding the League’s marquee events: Draft, All-Star and Championships to be shared via web and social media.
• Produce pre-game notes for a specific MLL team(s) as assigned by the Communications and Marketing Manager.
• Recap results of weekly games immediately following event (post within 1 hr of end game).
• Review game video the week following event, if requested by League operations.
• Maintain and update League records and player encyclopedia publications.
• Monitor and fulfill League Fantasy Lacrosse program.
• Process and fulfill incoming charitable donations requests.
• Process contest winner prize packs in a timely manner, as applicable.
• Manage incoming general inquiry emails for League and distribute to appropriate department or send appropriate reply from the Communications Department.
• Answer incoming telephone calls to League general lines.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
• Open to college juniors and seniors (recent grads or graduate students encouraged to apply).
• Journalism, communications, marketing, or public relations majors preferred.
• Extensive experience utilizing social media programs primarily Twitter and Facebook.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator, and PowerPoint. Adobe In-Design knowledge a plus.
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written and presentation; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
• Ability to manage competing demands, frequent changes and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take initiative, own responsibilities, and raise standard of excellence.
• Must be highly organized, resourceful, a quick learner, possess an eye for sharp attention to detail.
• Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a team player who is willing to work both together and individually on creative projects.
• Ability to work well with different personalities as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willingness to try new ideas.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle media in any situation, both good and bad.
• Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
• Must be able to confidently contact members of the media, MLL team staff, MLL players and coaches in an articulate manner.
Expected Schedule Commitment:
• Minimum office requirements include all Mondays plus minimum of 2 additional weekdays.
• Days and hours per day can be determined on a case by case basis but generally are 9am-5pm.
• Summer interns will be required to work at least one weekend day, usually Saturday evenings to cover League games. Subject to League schedule TBD.
• When needed, ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays due to the nature of professional sports.
• If needed, the ability and willingness to do light travel which may include away games, training camps, regular season games, League special events, and related lacrosse marketing events outside of MLL.
***Application is a two-step process***
Step 1: To apply for this position, click the 'Apply for this position' link below and fill out the application completely, including uploading your resume.
Step 2: After completing Step 1, please complete Step 2 of the application. You WILL NOT be considered for this position unless you have completed both Steps 1 & 2.
By creating a profile under this listing, you are not applying for a job. Rather, you will be notified of internships when they become posted matching the notification buttons you check on this application. Make sure you answer the job questions on the application as incomplete applications may not be considered. Thank you.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ