Current available jobs in Internship:
Major League Lacrosse is seeking hard working, creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill an available internship opportunity in its League Operations/Special Events Departments. Interns will report directly to League Lacrosse Operations Manager
• Positions are available for Summer.
• Positions are unpaid, with academic credit available upon request.
• Interns must provide their own transportation.
• Light travel may be required depending on dates & locations of league events.
• Interns working during league season may be required some nights and weekends both in office and/or remotely working/reporting on game activity. League schedule and week to week events will dictate when late night and/or weekends are required.
• Normal intern calendars are as follows but some flexibility is available with start/end dates:
Summer: May through August
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- Summer:
• Maintaining MLL Roster Transactions as they occur daily in multiple databases.
• Fulfilling Game Day Active Roster documents necessary for each week’s games.
• Manage various databases relating to games and player active rosters.
• Assisting with workers compensation reports.
• Fulfill various travel arrangements including flights, hotels and ground transport.
• Live and/or post event viewing of games each week as assigned.
• Review game tape when necessary for incident report support, sponsorship and licensing fulfillment and commercial broadcast commitment.
• Assist with planning logistics for League All-Star game and Championship Weekend, including possible travel to these events outside of Boston area.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
• Open to college upperclassmen & graduates.
• Sports Management background preferred, but not required.
• Experience utilizing social media programs; Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Vine.
• Proficient in latest Google/Microsoft productivity software suites. Additional software knowledge in SQL Database, SharePoint, Photoshop/Illustrator, Adobe InDesign knowledge a plus.
• Efficient & effective communications skills across all mediums; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
• Ability to manage competing demands, frequent changes and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take initiative, own responsibilities, and raise standard of excellence.
• Must be highly organized, resourceful, a quick learner, possess an eye for sharp attention to detail.
• Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a team player who is willing to work both together and individually on creative projects.
• Ability to work well with different personalities as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willingness to try new ideas.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle media in any situation, both good and bad.
• Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
• Must be able to confidently contact members outside vendors and venues, MLL team staff, MLL players and coaches in an articulate manner.
Expected Schedule Commitment:
• Mondays plus minimum of 2 additional weekdays .
• Days and hours per day are flexible but generally are 9am-5pm.
• Summer interns may be required to work at least one weekend day, usually Saturday or Sunday evenings to cover League games. Subject to League schedule TBD.
• When needed, ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays due to the nature of professional sports.
• If needed, the ability and willingness to do light travel which may include away games, training camps, regular season games, League special events, and related lacrosse marketing events outside of MLL.
Major League Lacrosse is seeking hard working, creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill available internship opportunities in its Digital Media Marketing Department.
Position is un-paid however academic credit is always available to anyone who requests it ahead of time. Candidate must provide their own transportation.
MLL internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on involvement.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your availability as far as days of the week and times of day? Please include weekends.
2. Would you be simultaneously working anywhere else during this internship?
3. What would your soonest start date be and latest end date?
4. Have you had specific experience in digital media management and social media marketing?
By creating a profile under this listing, you are not applying for a job. Rather, you will be notified of internships when they become posted matching the notification buttons you check on this application. Make sure you answer the job questions on the application as incomplete applications may not be considered. Thank you.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ