Current available jobs in Internship:
» Summer 2017 Merchandising Internship - New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
By creating a profile under this listing, you are not applying for a job. Rather, you will be notified of internships when they become posted matching the notification buttons you check on this application. Make sure you answer the job questions on the application as incomplete applications may not be considered. Thank you.
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for 2017 Summer Merchandising Interns who will report directly to the Merchandising Director.
Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
The 2017 Summer Merchandising Interns will be responsible the following duties:
- Assist with weekly inventory counts before and after games and special events
- Fulfill online orders
- Assist with fulfillment of custom jersey orders
- Assist in management of the online team store
- Supervise all merchandise sales during home games/special events and serve as main contact for other interns and fans with merchandise related inquiries
- Assist with set up and break down of merchandise tent at all home games and special events
- Assist with marketing efforts directly relating to merchandise sales
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
- Must be able to attend home games and special events as necessary. Night and weekends will be required.
- Available beginning May through August 2017 for the Summer semester. Interns able to start in April strongly preferred.
- Majors: Merchandising, Business/Management or Marketing
- Excellent writing and computer skills, AP style knowledge and Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop knowledge a plus
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to receive college credit?
2. What year in college are you?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ