Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Sponsorship Activation Coordinator - Chesapeake Bayhawks (Annapolis, MD)
» Marketing and Communications Manager - Ohio Machine Lacrosse (Columbus, OH)
» Account Executive, Ticket Sales - The Florida Launch (Boca Raton, FL)
Ticket Sales Manager Job Description
The Chesapeake Bayhawks and its parent company, Chesapeake Sports and Entertainment Group (CSEG) are a progressive and dynamic professional lacrosse franchise dedicated to winning championships. By utilizing an “All-In” mentality, the Bayhawks are a successful franchise both on and off the field. In the coming years, CSEG and the Bayhawks will build a multi-purpose stadium and youth complex in Anne Arundel County. https://www.facebook.com/BayhawksStadiumProject We are looking for dynamic, energetic and dedicated people to help us grow towards our future home. We’re All In! Are you?
The Ticket Sales Manager leads the promotion and sale of Chesapeake Bayhawks tickets and sponsorships via the conduction of inside and outside sales methods while ensuring the provision of superior customer service and support to existing customers. The Ticket Sales Manager oversees the sales force and the tools and systems the sales force relies upon and is responsible for ensuring that the entire team meets or exceeds sales objectives. On game days, the Ticket Sales Manager oversees the Box Office and all day-of game sales and transactions. This position is a key member of the management team.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Generate revenue through the promotion and sale of Chesapeake Bayhawks season tickets, group tickets, fundraiser program, premium hospitality packages and memberships, single game tickets and tickets related to sponsorships.*
- Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to quickly develop a pipeline of sales prospects, aggressively advance new opportunities, close new business, and foster existing customer relationships.*
- Conduct as many as 50 cold calls per day to individual buyers, businesses, schools, canceled plan holders, and referrals to develop new relationships and close new business. Ensure at least 100 additional cold calls per day are made by the Ticket Sales Staff that the Ticket Sales Manager supervises.*
- Conduct face-to-face sales presentations with potential customers including tours of Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to assist in developing new relationships and closing new business.*
- Oversee the team’s relationship with the team’s Ticket Partner (Ticket Return).
- Oversee all ticket reporting functions and fulfills ticketing reports to management, ownership and MLL in timely manner.*
- Set budgetary goals for both new ticket sales and renewal/retention sales, as well as create methods and opportunities for reaching the established goals.*
- Ensure the sales team exceeds or meets aggressive daily, weekly, monthly, and annual sales objectives.*
- Oversee the entire retention process, including renewal tracking and phone follow up with accounts. This includes creating a proactive customer service plan.*
- Effectively train, manage, and motivate the Bayhawks sales team; ensure the team has all applicable resources and leads available to them to maximize results. Continue to train sales staff weekly, both as a group and on an individual basis (role play, hands on training, coaching, etc.).*
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the team’s sales performance and initiate action where performance does not meet expectations or where opportunities exist to increase sales. Celebrate with and congratulate team when expectations are met.
- Maintain and utilize database records of all clients and prospects within the ticketing system and SCORE (CRM). Ensure database growth and proper utilization.
- Utilize SCORE (CRM) to understand key demographics of Bayhawks customers including season ticket buyers, groups, premium hospitality and walk-ups.
- Help establish a positive sales culture within the organization. Have fun creating competitive work hard, play hard environment.
- Work with Team Finance Department to provide necessary ticket sales and commission reports in a timely manner.
- Implement customer service initiatives to develop better relationships with clients, and encourage feedback to help streamline operations.
- Additional sponsorship projects as required (e.g., assist with sponsorship fulfillment).
- Work to increase community awareness of the Chesapeake Bayhawks and promote team events and appearances.
- Represent the Bayhawks in the most positive way on game days and in the community.
- Participate as needed in special company projects.
- Maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
- Passion for and knowledge of lacrosse and its traditions with an understanding of the rules of competition.
- Committed to the team with a “won’t give up” mentality.
- Competitive attitude.
- Enthusiastic with exceptional interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to initiate change and best practices.
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient at MS Office, Ticket Return and Groupmatics.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, including personal flexibility for after-hours meetings, deadline demands, travel, and an irregular work schedule.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of professional sales and customer service experience, preferably in the sports industry; including a minimum of one year experience in a lead, supervisory, or management role.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Moderate travel (<50%) is expected in association with performing this position; travel includes sporting events, and frequent promotional, sales, and sponsorship activities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 2 years of professional sales and customer service experience?
2. Do you have at least 1 year of supervisory experience?
3. Do you have prior sports industry experience?
Sponsorship Activation Coordinator Job Description
The Sponsorship Coordinator liaises between internal and external customers and provides administrative, organizational, and customer support for the Chesapeake Bayhawks sales, operations, and leadership personnel. This position assists with lead generation management, coordinates sales-related details, and supports the sales team from an operational standpoint.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
· Provide full-cycle management of sponsorship fulfillment, including tracking of deadlines, deliverables, and the team calendar, and serving as a liaison between sponsors and the sales team.*
· Develop and implement start-to-finish promotional plans with sponsors, and partner on execution of co-branded events, digital campaigns, and more.*
· Maintain the marketing and sales calendar, including research on local climate, industry climate, internal and external events, and any factors impacting the Chesapeake Bayhawks schedule.*
· Assist in compilation of sponsorship contracts. Partner with Finance to ensure accurate contracts and created and payment plans are on track.”
· Assist with sales presentation preparation by compiling data and developing decks, presentations and materials.
· Create and execute communications and collateral for all sponsor packages, season ticket holder communications and mailings.*
· Own overall Sponsorship deck, templates and trackers.*
· Aid Operations in ordering of all branded materials and collateral.*
· Manage all sponsor logos and sponsor digital assets on the shared drive.*
· Fulfill all online merchandise orders, including shipping to recipient.*
· Set-up and assist operationally in all home games, including set-up the day before.*
· Execute company donations, fan packs and mass mailings.
· Take advantage of opportunities to generate revenue through the promotion and sale of the Chesapeake Bayhawks tickets and sponsorships.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
· Enthusiastic with exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with all levels of internal personnel as well as outside clients and vendors.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Creative and resourceful.
· Highly self-motivated and results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency, and effective time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
· Proven excellence in managing large numbers of details and logistics.
· Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong research skills with a strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction.
· Technology savvy with the ability to master new technologies as needed.
· Demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
· Proficient at MS Office.
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· The ideal candidate will have one year of combined experience in administration and customer support, preferably in a sales department.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
· Moderate travel (<20%) is expected in association with performing this position; including local sporting events and frequent sales and sponsor activities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live within commuting distance to Annapolis, MD?
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, the Manager of Communications and Marketing assists in the development and execution of strategic plans supporting brand awareness, ticket sales, corporate partnerships and other revenue generating initiatives as it relates to the team’s communication and public relations efforts.
Direct and manage all aspects of team’s media and public relations, including day-to-day team interaction and news releases/announcements;
Develop and execute proactive public relation strategies and initiatives that maximize positive market perception and visibility, especially through use of social media and the team’s website;
Manage and lead all content creation, including video series, social / digital engagement quizzes and promotions, securing player appearances, etc.;
Create and execute a year-long communications plan that features unique written, graphical and video content (features and releases) for use in internal and external media channels;
Cultivate relationships with local and national media (print and electronic) through regular outreach and coordinate interview requests for players, coaches and management as necessary;
Lead all social media plans and execution to drive engagement with followers and drive awareness for the team, various events, partners, and corporate initiatives;
Oversee the production (on a game-to-game basis) of team publications including, but not limited to, game programs, media guides, game notes, previews and recaps, and fan newsletter;
Oversee the setup/breakdown of the press box on game days and provide working management of this area;
Work with VP to hire and supervise communications/marketing interns;
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field;
At least two years of previous relevant media/public relations experience, preferably in professional or intercollegiate athletics;
An understanding of producing copy in a range of tones with attendant deadlines, including game previews, recaps, features and blogs;
Must possess excellent writing, editing, computer, organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and mentoring skills;
Previous experience working with player, coaching staff and administrators on a daily basis is required;
Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software;
Experience in the creation and editing of digital video and photography is a plus;
Must have a working understanding of the game of of lacrosse;
Knowledge of the Ohio media market is strongly preferred;
Must be available to work all home games and have the willingness and ability to work long hours, including nights, holidays and weekends, including travel to away games as required.
Must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times with a team first mentality;
Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically;
Must be able to display a great attention to detail and have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, high-stress environment, including the ability to multi-task find solutions and adapt to sudden changes.
The Florida Launch, a Major League Lacrosse team based in Boca Raton, Florida, is looking for a Ticket Sales Account Executive who will responsible for increasing attendance and incremental revenue through outbound consumer sales efforts to businesses, individuals and local groups/organizations for the upcoming MLL season.
- Prospect, pitch and closes new ticket accounts via email marketing in person presentations and cold calling with a primary focus on season tickets and group ticket sales from local lacrosse organizations and local businesses.
- Arrange appointments and develop networks to promote aggressive ticket sales.
- Achieve defined sales goals through various means including, but not limited to executing sales calls, attending community youth lacrosse events and attending local business networking events.
- Work to fulfill community and lacrosse grass roots activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and servicing all ticket sales accounts on a day to day basis.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years experience in sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including some nights, weekends, and/or holidays due to the nature of professional sports.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ